The Panic List
(This Goal has been accomplished thanks to Helen Clunie. See this page for more information.)
Our most critical need right now is for a safe, climate controlled, affordable (preferably rent free) place in Pearl River County to house the collection while we sort, categorize, scan and digitize it. If you have, or know of, such a place, please post a Reply below or use the ‘Contact Us‘ form to email us your suggestion.
Here are detailed requirements for housing the Archive permanently:
1) Has to be in Pearl River County. City of Picayune preferred.
2) A minimum of 1000 sq. ft., not to exceed 2500 sq. ft.
3) We will maintain building, provide security and fire suppression
4) Prefer HVAC; however, in worse case we can install window units and portable heating.
5) Prefer central city location.
6) Building Use: To store historical documents and artifacts, digitize documents and use as a base of operation.
7) Building will be occupied part time and open to the public part time.
8) Overall purpose of organization is to open a Museum, Archive and Historical Research Center in Pearl River County, Missisippi, using grant funding, either by construction or renovation of an existing building.